Bring your energy to New England Network Solutions (NENS) where you will find a culture compelled to help other businesses find solutions. NENS serves the IT needs of small and medium-sized businesses in and around the Boston area.
Employees at NENS support each other as a team, but also have independence, accountability and the flexibility needed to advance their career. If you have not already seen it, watch our ?More Than Just a Job? video here. At NENS, we are keen on finding individuals who reject the concept of mediocrity and are constantly challenging themselves and their peers to do better.
We are seeking a motivated Field Technology Engineer to:
- Resolve service tickets assigned to you
- Update internal and client documentation as needed, changes, adds and removals
- Identify opportunities and areas of improvement while interacting with clients
- Document all work performed in the PSA/CMDB
- Complete work in accordance with documented standards and best practices
- Utilize our Managed Service tools to support our clients; this also requires you to stay up to date on improvements made to the tools.
- Fulfill role as project engineer
Requirements for the Field Technology Engineer role:
Formal Education and/or Certification
- Associates Degree
- Certifications in the following technologies a plus:
- Local travel and reliable transportation
Knowledge & Experience
- Knowledge of computer and server hardware
- Experience with desktop and server operating systems, including Windows 7 and Windows Server 2003, 2008 and 2012
- Experience with firewall technologies
- Experience with switching
- Experience with virtualization
- Experience with MS Exchange 2007, 2010 and 2013
- Experience with storage technologies
- Extensive application support experience with Microsoft Office products
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport-building, listening, and questioning skills.
- Strong documentation skills